GDPR Roadshows this week
14 May 2018
Are you ready?
You will have heard of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25 May 2018. The new law is all about person identifying information (PII) and the way that this is collected, stored and used by organisations, including us.
Come along to one of the sessions this May and get expert advice about GDPR and what it means for you.
There are three steps that each member of staff needs to take in order to be compliant:
- Complete the mandatory Data Protection Training
- Delete or shred obsolete or duplicate emails and paper files, keep sensitive data according to the Records Retention Schedule
- Report any data protection breaches straight away
The Information Governance team has already held two sessions, and will be holding two more this week to help staff members with any queries they may have relating to GDPR.
There’s no need to book, just come along to one of the sessions below:
North Campus - Sackville Street Building
- Thursday, 17 May 2018, 11:00 - 12:00, Sackville Street Building G41
South Campus - Simon Building
- Friday, 18 May 2018, 11:00 - 12:00, Simon Building, 4.38