Funding available for people exchanges between industry and academia
15 Dec 2017
BBSRC Innovation Fellowship Fund - call for proposals
BBSRC has awarded the University £120,000 to deliver the Innovation Fellowship Fund (IFF). The fund is aimed at supporting the mobility of early career researchers (ECRs) and industrialist researchers to new environments, including both between sectors and between countries.
Funding the exchange of people from the University to industry partner, and vice versa, successful proposals will bring together talented people with different skills to foster partnerships to translate research outcomes in economic outputs. Projects will:
- Showcase academic talent to identify opportunities for career development and recruitment into industry, and vice versa
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas between academic and industry partners
- Encourage the translation of our bioscience research base
- Support the creation of new products, processes or services
- Provide access to external expertise to enrich existing research programmes
- Consolidate and extend existing relationships
25% of the funding available has been ring-fenced to support non-British citizens to move to, or remain in, the UK.
There are part-time and full-time options, lasting up to 6 months. The maximum grant is £40,000.
Deadline for applications is 1 March 2018, 12pm.
If you have a project that you think may be suitable, please contact Naomi Chandler at the earliest opportunity.