Staff benefits update – 6 September 2017
06 Sep 2017
This week there are some great new discounts and highlights of some of our popular benefits and payroll giving scheme!
- You can now enjoy 25% off food from Don Giovanni's a la carte and dessert menus when you show your University ID card in the restaurant – and until the end of September you can receive 50% off. Visit the Don Giovanni page for full details and T&Cs.
- Davies Chiropractic is based in Heaton Moor and is offering 10% off their treatments.
- Explore the best of what Marrakech has to offer with an adventurous Super Break or you can opt for a 2 Night Weekend Shopping Break: with a mixture of destinations throughout the UK From £139pp. All with enhanced staff discounts!
- Cottages.com currently feature a selection of properties across the UK offering an extra £50 off a selection of dates for arrivals between 8th September 2017 and 4th October 2017 with savings up to 10%.
- The Hotpoint Privilege Purchase Club is a members only scheme, offering exclusive pricing on over 850 different appliances including three great brands to choose from, Whirlpool, Hotpoint & Indesit. All appliances are pre-discounted and you can receive an extra 15% discount in September when using the secure voucher code via the Privilege Club
Wider Wallet is a private discount and benefits package that you have privileged access to. If you haven’t registered for your free membership yet, you can sign up here (secure). Offers this month include:
- Voice Mobile's dedicated discounts could save you £200 on an EE mobile phone package
- Back-to-school savings for kids of all ages
Save 4% with a Tesco gift card that can help you save more on your “big shop”!
Cycling and travel
September’s monthly cycle breakfast will be held on Friday, 8 September at the Royal Northern College of Music between 7.45am and 9.30am. Register your place at:
You can apply for a bus, tram, train or “County Bus “annual season ticket and the University will purchase it on your behalf. You then repay the cost of the ticket by monthly instalments directly from your salary. Find out more on season tickets.
FoodInAdvance allows you to top up your Staff ID Cards with money to spend in the 28 FoodonCampus outlets located across campus. Users receive a 10% discount on purchases in FoodonCampus outlets and Source (excludes offers) and 5% in Starbucks on Sackville Street.
Celebrate 30 years of Payroll Giving by signing up to our Payroll Giving Scheme. This enables you to donate to your favourite charity on a regular or one-off basis by automatic deductions from your monthly pay. A monthly gift of £5 from your take-home pay to your chosen charity will be automatically boosted to £6.25 for a 20% rate tax payer and £8.33 for a 40% rate tax payer. Since we relaunched our scheme in October 2014 staff have donated over £350,000 to good causes!
Keep up to date with all your benefits and discounts via Staff benefits.