'Before You Were Born' free, family-friendly event this Saturday
31 Aug 2017
Find out through fun activities for all the family about groundbreaking research helping babies across the world lead healthy lives
Designed for all the family, Before you Born is filled to the brim with things to do, see and learn:
- A Treasure Hunt: weave your way around the different activities to collect stickers and learn fun facts about how the placenta provides everything a baby needs . Free sticker charts and stickers for children!
- Arts and crafts for adults and children alike; come and explore your creative side!
- Research and You: an exploration into the world of a pregnancy clinic; midwives from St Mary's Hospital will take you through what it is like to work in a pregnancy clinic
- A Vital Connection:lots of interactive activities exploring how the placenta works
- Meet the Scientists: come and see some real-life scientists talk about their research! With only 3 minutes each to wow you, they'll have to be quick!
- Photography exhibit: beautiful shots of the placenta as you have never seen it before (all child friendly)
- Sculpture and drawing exhibition by artist Adinda van't Klooster
- Find out about the amazing work of the Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre
- Find out about the Maternal and Fetal Health Research Panel - a new way for people across Greater Manchester to have their say in research
Hosted by the Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre (MFHRC) at Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, one of the largest pregnancy research groups in Europe, whose work focuses on the placenta.
The Public Programmes Team at the Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, partnered with The University of Manchester are supporting the MFHRC in delivering this event.
With thanks to the International Federation of Placenta Associations (IFPA) and the University for their generous support in making this event possible.