Information for teaching staff: Software applications refresh for 2018/19
23 Mar 2018
We are updating the portfolio of software applications available in student PC clusters for the 2018/19 academic year
Please review the current list:
If any new software applications or later versions of existing applications are required, or if software needs to appear in locations different to those on this list, let us know using the application packaging request form:
We need this information by Friday 4 May 2018 to be able to guarantee delivery for September. If you are happy with the existing list, you do not need to contact us.
Consider the following points:
- We are preparing to move our computers to Windows 10. Therefore - if possible - we would prefer not to update software applications unless it is essential for teaching or research. This will help us focus resources on critical work to improve our services.
- We appreciate that in some cases you are not aware of software requirements until after this date. Any requests received after Friday 4 May will be done on a best efforts basis as last year.
- If you request a change to upgrade to a newer version of a software application, please consult with colleagues who use that application before making your request.
- Let us know if you notice any software on the list that is no longer needed or if we are running multiple versions where only one is needed.
- If you manage a software license and it is due to expire or change, you must let us know using the application packaging request form and provide information of the changes required.