TurningPoint Mobile now available
08 Jan 2018
A new version of TurningPoint/Responseware is available for Humanities staff.
What is TurningPoint Mobile?
TurningPoint Mobile allows you to collect student responses with mobile devices, with response pads or with a combination of both. TurningPoint Mobile (version 8) integrates, into one tool, the mobile responding facilities of Responseware and the traditional response device method of TurningPoint.
What is new?
TurningPoint Mobile brings a variety of new features:
- Enhanced user interface
- Self-paced polling functionality available for mobile devices
- Quicker presentation load times
- Enhanced demographic and team reports
- Word cloud display of student answers
- Upgraded security and file encryption
When will TurningPoint Mobile be available?
TurningPoint Mobile is already available for download into your office PC or at home from the Software Centre, and as of 1 January is now available across teaching rooms in University Campus.
Why is this happening now?
Version 5 of TurningPoint was decommissioned at the end of December 2017. Despite so, you will be able to continue using TurningPoint5 with response pads in an offline manner (through a radio frequency receiver/dongle).
What do I need to do?
If you want to continue or start using mobile responding facilities you will need to upgrade to the most recent version of TurningPoint i.e. TurningPoint Mobile.
* Note that although it is not strictly necessary to remove your current version of TurningPoint (version 5) to install the most recent version, we recommend you to upgrade to the more recent version for its superior features.
Will the upgrade affect materials created in version 5?
You are able to open and re-use presentations created in previous versions of TurningPoint. Slides using some specific question types may require conversion first time they are opened with the new version of the software. Following instructions on screen should allow the conversion with no further issue.
Who can use TurningPoint Mobile?
Colleagues currently holding a Responseware licence will be able to use TurningPoint Mobile with no disruption in service. Colleagues in any faculty who would like to trial TurningPoint Mobile can contact Humanities elearning.
Guidance and Further information
Please see the following guides for help installing TurningPoint Mobile, what to expect the first time you use it, and how to get started generally with PowerPoint polling.
- Installing TurningPoint Mobile (plus FAQs and recommendations)
- What to expect the first time you use TurningPoint Mobile
- PowerPoint Polling - a quick start guide
For further information about this upgrade and help with installing and using TurningPoint Mobile, please contact the Faculty of Humanities eLearning team.