Nominate your outstanding alumni for our 2018 awards
04 Jan 2018
We're seeking nominations from our global community of Manchester graduates
Outstanding Alumni Awards are presented to Manchester graduates who have achieved distinction in their profession, through exemplary service to the University or the wider community or through outstanding service of a personal or humanitarian nature.
The Awards were initiated by our founding universities and the first recipient was Sir Terry Leahy, former Chief Executive of Tesco plc (UMIST) and film director Barry Purves (Victoria University of Manchester).
They are presented annually either during the July graduation ceremonies or at a mutually convenient time and we aim to have one recipient for each Faculty per year.
They are presented to alumni who have achieved distinction:
- in their fields or professions;
- through exemplary service to the University or the wider community;
- through outstanding service of a personal or humanitarian nature locally, nationally or internationally.
Career achievement (as opposed to length of career) should be a key factor in the nominations. We would hope to involve recipients in student experience and employability initiatives, such as delivering talks, seminars, workshops or Q and A sessions either on the day of the award or at a later date.
In 2017, Outstanding Alumni Awards were awarded to:
- Her Excellency Dr Amani Abou-Zeid, Africa Union Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy
- Gareth Williams and Bonamy Grimes, Co-Founders of Skyscanner
Read biographies of our other Outstanding Alumni Award winners on Your Manchester Online.
Submit an application
For further information and an application form, please contact:
The deadline for nominations is Monday, 19 February 2018.