Martin Harris Centre Spring 2018 season now on sale
22 Jan 2018
Welcome to the spring 2018 season at the Martin Harris Centre.
Welcome to the brand new season of events at the Martin Harris Centre. We have a diverse programme lined up for you this spring, including many free events.
- The season launches with a free concert as part of the Walter Carroll Lunchtime Concert Series with Ignacio Lara Romero (violin) and Richard Whalley (piano). The Thursday lunchtime concerts are free and there is no need to book, so you can just turn up on the day and enjoy the music!
- Following the exciting news that Manchester has joined UNESCO’s worldwide Creative Cities network as a UNESCO City of Literature, we are privileged to host several Literature Live events, including celebrations to mark UNESCO International Mother Language Day. As part of these celebrations, we welcome Ugandan novelist Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi and poet, novelist and photographer Mariko Nagai.
- We are pleased to host Borderland, presented by Public Burning Theatre. The production, which is a story of race, religion, sexuality and boxing, forms part of LGBT History Month 2018.
- To celebrate International Women’s Day we will host a Manchester University Music Society concert as part of Musica, a special week-long festival celebrating all aspects of female music making, including composition, performance and conducting.
- You can join resident string quartet, Quatuor Danel as they conclude their exhilarating thirteenth season at the University. This will include some ground breaking works by Enescu and Shostakovich, along with more recent works.
- The season culminates with several events which form part of The European Art- Science-Technology Network Week (EASTN-DC). This week long event featuring research, technology and creativity, unites 17 partners from the European Union, Brazil, USA and Canada.
Tickets for the spring 2018 season are now on sale and can be purchased online via Quaytickets, in person or by calling the Martin Harris Centre Box Office during opening times.
These are just a few highlights, to see the full programme, download our brochure now:
We look forward to seeing you at the Martin Harris Centre.
Martin Harris Centre Manager