Meetings that deliver results
16 Mar 2017
Staff Learning and Development are hosting a pilot half day course on Friday, 12 May
Are you an Academic member of staff who has to chair meetings and wish to improve the efficiency and effectiveness? If so, the Meetings that Deliver Results course could be for you.
Staff Learning and Development are hosting a pilot half day course on Friday, 12 May 9.30 – 12.30 titled ‘Meetings that Deliver Results’ aimed at experienced academics.
This workshop will help you extend and develop the skills and knowledge you have to facilitate and contribute to meetings confidently and effectively. The content will cover:
- Exploring ways to handle unexpected situations, contentious issues and disruptions that can throw meetings off track.
- Discussing ways to deal with different levels of participation ranging from people dominating the meeting to non-participators.
- Reviewing the role of the Chair at a meeting and the skills required to do that successful.
- Ensuring actions result from the meeting.
- Calculating the true cost of meetings and assessing their value.
- Using a structured decision making approach to ensure that action results from meetings
- The skills of being an effective meeting participant.
If you wish to enrol visit: