Staff benefits update – 25 October
25 Oct 2018
The staff wellbeing fair is nearly here – plus join a mindful letter writing course and other health discounts
All staff are invited to attend the Staff Wellbeing Fair at the Whitworth Hall on Tuesday, 30 October, 12pm– 2pm. Please register for this free event via Eventbrite or on the day.
- Over 30 wellbeing related exhibitors
- Three staff choirs performing
- Lots of freebies
- Beautiful gifts to buy
- Opportunity to donate new unwrapped toys/gifts for 0-14 years to Wood Street Mission
- Opportunity to donate new pyjama sets (size 10-16) and toiletry sets for teens to Emmeline’s Pantry Foodbank. If you would prefer to donate tea, coffee, biscuits, tinned foods and selection boxes they will be massively appreciated
- Registered attendees go into a prize draw to win one of two Super Break vouchers (£250)
Mindful letter writing - Pop-up wellbeing event
Join Jane Frame of Friendinabox for a mindful letter writing workshop prior to our Staff Wellbeing Fair on 30 October, 10am – 11.30am in Committee Room A, Whitworth Corridor. Jane was inspired by memories of her mother's letter writing to launch FriendInABox - a gift company whose aim is to make it easy to show you care by sending the right words at the right time along with a small thoughtful gift. During the workshop, Jane will help you rediscover the benefits and joy of letter writing and improve your letter writing style. Book via Staff Learning and Development.
Fitness and outdoors
The weather is expected to get much colder in the coming week and you can save 15% with Snow+Rock, Cotswold, and Nevisport. Find out more in our outdoors discounts.
If travelling to cold places is your idea of fun then Super Break has special offers for Iceland. If you are looking for a last minute short break over half term you can visit our travel discounts to discover how you can save with leading travel operators and hotel chains.
Keep up to date with all your staff benefits.