University internship's 10 year anniversary
13 Jun 2018
Thank you for your support
The Career’s Service and departments across the University joined together in a celebratory event to mark 10 years of their prestigious Manchester Graduate Talent (Internship) Programme at The University of Manchester. Over 100 internships are offered within the university every year, providing our graduates with invaluable work experience and the opportunity to find out what they enjoy doing and where their skills lie.
Here are some of the experiences our colleagues told us about at the event; if you think you might want to hire an intern please contact The Careers Service through firstname.lastname@example.org
- “We’ve always had fantastic MGT interns in the Directorate of Planning, providing essential support with data analytics projects that have been vital in shaping University policy and strategy. And it’s so nice to see them go on to successful careers across the institution and beyond”. Directorate of Planning.
- “Great having fresh minds out of University providing our team with ideas and insight which is attractive and engaging to the student population. Internships provide a great step in one’s career, allowing participants to excel internally and externally”. Division of Residential and Sport Services in Directorate of Student Services
- “We have recruited several interns in SMS for the past 6 years. Many have gone on to be recruited in to higher grade permanent jobs. Over the last two recruitments Martine has been really helpful and responsive to our needs. An excellent service, thank you”. School of Medical Sciences
- “We have been using MGT service for the past few years to recruit graduate interns with great success. The process itself is really easy with the help of the fantastic MGT team, thanks Martine. The interns that have worked with us have all been brilliant, enthusiastic and great at coming up with new ideas. A great experience for us. Thank you”. School of Biological Sciences
- “MGT is an amazing scheme, offering our graduates with opportunities that broaden horizons and shape lives. I have had the pleasure of getting to know several MGT interns. All of them have contributed hugely to the international office and all of them have gone on to great successes, both within the sector and externally. Here’s to another 10 years”. International Officer, Directorate for the Student Experience
- "The Student Recruitment and Widening Participation team have used MGT for the last 5 years to recruit five graduate intern roles across the team. We've enjoyed excellent administrative support from colleagues in careers, from support with advertising and marketing the roles, providing an initial short list and arranging interviews and providing updates to candidates following interviews around decisions and outcomes. Over the years we have made some exceptional appointments through the scheme, and we are delighted that some of our previous interns have been able to successfully apply for posts within the team at the end of their internship so we are able to keep the skills they have developed during their internship. Others have progressed to roles elsewhere in the University or supporting student recruitment or widening participation elsewhere in the higher education sector, or of course, gone on to do something entirely unrelated to higher education!" Student Recruitment and Widening Participation Manager