Our Heritage, Our Future: Celebrating Black History Month
15 Oct 2017
The Faculty of Science and Engineering celebrate Black History Month with a unique event
On Thursday 26th October, join staff and students from the across the Faculty of Science and Engineering and a whole host of guest speakers as we mark 30 years of Black History Month in the UK. We will be reflecting on progress made towards equality at Manchester and celebrating the significant contribution made by our Black staff and students to the University and wider society.
The event will be hosted by Professor Paul Mativenga, Vice Dean for Social Responsibility, Equality and Diversity for the Faculty of Science and Engineering and guest speakers include:
• Dr Dawn Edge - Academic Lead for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at The University of Manchester
• Georgina Lewis and Berrisford Edwards - Co-Chairs of the BAME Staff Network
• Joanne Jacobs - Equity and Merit scholarship programme
• Riddi Viswanathan - Diversity Officer on the Manchester Students' Union Exec
• Jonah Ogbuneke - Chemical Engineering student and VoluntHero
• Yusuf Tarajia - Chemical Engineering student and award winnning spoken word poet
Following the talks, there will be time for networking and refreshments will be served.
When: Thursday 26th October, 4.00pm-7.00pm
Where: G.107 Alan Turing Building, The University of Manchester
The event is free to attend and is open to all staff and students. Please bring a friend as well.
To register your attendance, visit Eventbrite.
We hope to see you there.