Rewarding exceptional performance
The University’s Rewarding Exceptional Performance policy rewards two types of exceptional performance by members of staff:
- Where a member of staff has undertaken a one-off task or project work.
- The reward is a payment of up to the value of one increment.
Sustained exceptional performance
- Where a member of staff has made an exceptional contribution which has been sustained for a period of at least six months and is expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
- The reward is advancement to the next point on the salary scale (or, for those at top of their scale, a contribution point).
For full details, please download:
- Rewarding Exceptional Performance policy and nomination form
- Nomination form (word version)
- Guidance notes for Line Managers, Panels and Employees
How to nominate
Nominations are usually made by line managers for staff they believe merit this award. Members of staff can nominate themselves but are encouraged to discuss this with their line manager.
Nominations for academic related and support staff should be made by 31 January 2017; for academic staff, the timetable is set locally
If you have any enquiries about the policy, please contact your HR Partner, whose contact details are available at: