Should you ever need any additional support or someone to talk to about LGBT issues there are various options available:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can link you (confidentially) with an appropriate person
- Visit the Counselling Services Website
- Speak to someone at the LGBT Foundation
- Look at resources available from The Proud Trust
- If you feel your situation is about Bullying or Harassment at the University then you can access our Report and Support service. This allows you to report anything anonymously or to receive support from a trained Harassment Support Advisor
- We know that mental health issues have a higher prevalence amongst the LGBT community. We are a supporter of Time to Change and run regular events to raise awareness of mental health issues - including a focus on LGBT. Find out more here.
- The University also has a whole suite of Wellbeing Resources.
All of the above routes are open to ALL staff at the University - whether you identify as LGBT or as wishing to offer support to a colleague, friend or relative.
We also have a number of family friendly policies that are fully inclusive for LGBT staff. They are available on the Human Resources pages.
Staff can join the Manchester GOLD mentoring scheme which matches mentees with appropriate mentors from around the University. Matches can be made based on a number of criteria including sexual orientation.
More details can be found here.