Become an ALLOUT Ally
Would you like to become an ally?
Or do you know a colleague or Line Manager who might be interested?
Allies are defined as ‘individuals who do not identify as LGBT and who believe that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people should experience full equality in the workplace’
As an ally we would ask that you:
- Show visible support that you are an ally
- Be familiar with the work of the LGBT Staff Network Group ALLOUT
- Have knowledge of the University’s different pieces of guidance for LGBT staff
- Feel comfortable discussing LGBT issues should an individual raise this subject
- Know where to signpost LGBT staff to, should the need arise
- Support the annual Stonewall application
Allies can go further by engaging with the activities of ALLOUT and attending or offering support for the events that take place throughout the year. Since 2017 we have also introduced specific allies - so maybe yo are more interested in suporting bisexual or trans colleagues - just ask for more infomration.
For more information, and to join our ever growing number of allies, please contact email@example.com
Here's what some of Allies have to say:
Training and support
Once you sign up to be an ally you'll be invited to a training session delivered by another ally. This valuable time talks about the benefits of having allies, how you can contribute as an ally and the positive experiences of others who have been an ally. The next training date is will be arranged for late 2018.
There are also many other resources on our LGBT Guidance Pages and Training pages . The training page includes specific Trans Awareness training and you can request to participate in our new session Transfer: A Journey by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have specific LGBT DVD resources for loan.