Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group (ALLOUT)
ALLOUT - The Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group
The group was relaunched in February 2010 and renamed ALLOUT in 2013.
ALLOUT is fully inclusive and welcomes all Lesbian,Gay, Bisexual, Trans, non binary staff as well as anyone who may have an interest or wish to support colleagues, friends and relatives. We also encourge those with 'multiple identities' or people questioning their sexual orientation to find out more and to join in the work and activiites of ALLOUT.
We run a confidential mailing list as well as organising different events at relevant points throughout the year. As well as being consulted on policy development and review, the group has a place on the bi-annual equality, diversity and inclusion forum where any issues affecting LGBT staff can be put forward. Members of staff (whether formally a member of the group or not) can contact the chair for confidential support and advice on any LGBT issue. The group's Terms of Reference can be seen in the following document:
You can join the confidential mailing list by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 2017: World AIDS Day - once again the BAME and Disabled Staff Netwok groups have been invited to collaborate on activities. We also have a lunchtime event entitled Positively Speaking. FREE Tickets available via the link.
November 2017: We'll be marking Transgender Day of Remembrance with the event An Evening With Rachel Mann - FREE tickets available via the link.
September 2017: There will be a number of activities to mark Bisexual Visibility Day
MANCHESTER PRIDE 2017: See full details on our dedicated pages here.
Wednesday 17 May: IDAHOBIT. Check out our events here
Wednesday 22 March 2017 : ALLOUT meeting in Roscoe 1.010 12.30pm - 1.30pm
February 2017: LGBT History Month. A number of different events will be took place and you can find out more here.
December 2016: Over £1800 raised for HIV & AIDS Charities through our bake sales! Read more here
Forthcoming Events & Activities
Next Meeting - The next meeting is December 7 at 4.30pm. To add agenda items please contact email@example.com.
Stonewall - Find out the latest on our dedicated Stonewall Page
The Proud Trust (formerly LGBTY) - discover more about the work of our 'community partner' and work we'll be doing with them on our new pages
Updated Guidance for managers on supporting LGB Staff is available here.
Updated guidance and new training for supporting Trans* Staff and students has recently been published by Equality, Diversity & Inclusion:
The LGBT Network Group produces a regular newsletter/weekly digest - they are archived below:
- 2016: Digests Jan & Feb 2016 - Digests Mar & Apr 2016 - Digests May & Jun 2016 - Digests Jul & Aug 2016
- 2015: Weekly digests March 2015 - Weekly digests April 2015 - Weekly digests May 2015 - Weekly Digests June 2015 - Weekly digest July/August - Weekly digests Sept/Oct 2015 - Weekly Digests Nov/Dec 2015
- 2014: Issue 12 (January 2014) - Issue 13 (June 2014) Issue 14 (December 2014)
- 2013: Issue 10 (June 2013) - Issue 11 (August 2013)
- 2012: Issue 6 (February 2012) - Issue 7 (May 2012) - Issue 8 (August 2012) - Issue 9 (December 2012)
- 2011: Issue 4 (March 2011) - Issue 5 (August 2011)
- 2010: Issue 1 (May 2010) - Issue 2 (July 2010) - Issue 3 (October 2010)
We have a number of DVD resources which can be loaned from the unit. DVD resources are a way of raising awareness of a particular area and can be shown to a group all at once. Each DVD come with a resource pack so that additional training can be offered. Currently we have 3 titles available:
- Visibility Matters - 'Jan's Coming Out' - looking at Lesbian 'coming out'
- Visibility Matters - 'Talking Transgender'
- Age Concern - 'Gateway to Heaven' - looking at LGBT and age
If you wish to loan any of these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, we can access a wide range of LGBT films and documentaries via Kanopy streaming. It is a University wide resourve and has hundres of LGBT related titles.
Training and development
LGBT and Religion
You can read a message from Chaplain Rev Ben Edson here.
If you have any questions, please mail: