AccessAble App Manchester
The AccessAble App. Manchester
The University has been working in partnership with DisabledGo to launch a new app to provide detailed access information to all University buildings.
These access guides include all the facilities on campus, including halls of residence, cafes, lecture halls, toilets and bars from a pan disability perspective. Every venue is visited and assessed in person by a highly trained DisabledGo surveyor.
The AccessAble Uni of Manchester app offers some of the best features for mobile access, which include:
- AccessAroundMe – Instant detailed access information to places to visit across the University campus at the touch of a button. Each detailed access guide has information about, directions, ramps, lifts, accessible toilets and much more!
- Find A Loo – Highlights the closest accessible toilet on campus to the user’s current location, and gives precise details of the facility.
- MyWayToGo – The world’s first integration between mobile access information and maps, users can now locate and get directions directly to their chosen accessible place on campus.
- FindMeNow – AccessAble has a built in emergency locator that sends the GPS location of the user, directly to their selected emergency contact via email or SMS.
- AccessMyWay – Enables the user to filter results to match their specific access requirements, such as accessible toilets, car parking, changing places and hearing assistance.
- Mobile screen reader compatible – AccessAble is compatible with Apple’s VoiceOver software and Android’s Talkback, making all the access information accessible.
The App can be accessed here: DisabledGoApp