We are fortunate to have a number of trained Harassment Advisors on campus. Harassment Advisors work in a variety of roles across campus and provide a confidential information service to staff and students on issues relating to harassment discrimination and bullying. All Harassment Advisors are volunteers and carry out the role in addition to their day to day duties.
If you feel you or someone you know is being bullied or harassed you can contact an advisor through the report and support online form.
Harassment Advisors can:
- Offer confidential information on issues relating to harassment, bullying and equality
- Listen to you without making any judgments about what you say
- Help you to clarify your thoughts about what is happening
- Explain the informal and formal procedures under the Dignity at Work and Study Policy
- Help you to explore the various options available to you
- Explain the mediation process and make a referral
- Help you to explore other sources of support which may be available to you
Harassment Advisors cannot:
- Offer advice or solutions on what you should do
- Act as your advocate
- Make decisions on whether bullying or harassment has taken place
- Maintain confidentiality if they believe that there is a risk of harm to you or others